Monday, December 1, 2008

Clouds Ruin Venus and Jupiter Conjunction

I spent much of the evening tonight down at the state capitol complex in Charleston, WV. There was a celebration of the lighting of the Capitol Christmas Tree. I was also hoping to see the conjunction between Jupiter and Venus alongside the moon.

It was a cold and snowy evening. With the clouds in place I missed seeing the conjunction of Venus and Jupiter except for a few glimpses in the cloud breaks. Most prominent was the sliver of moon that was visible. But it was not even worth taking a snapshot of. Besides, I did not have a tripod with me.

The forecast still calls for clouds and showers for tomorrow. There will be more separation between the planets, but it will still be worth going out and taking a look.

No comments: